Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I'm Back!

Hello there, everybody! I know there has been an inordinately long hiatus in blog posts here on Disney-It-Yourself, and I'm really sorry. Anyway, I'm back and will post as often as possible. You'll notice a new design and layout, which I'll be tweaking over the next week or so. I'll get to that in a minute, but first...

The past couple years have been really rough for me, hence the absence from blogging. I was finishing up university, and my health has declined drastically. I have a rare genetic connective tissue disorder called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS). May is actually EDS Awareness Month! Due to EDS, I am in constant terrible pain, always fatigued, and my joints sublux (partially dislocate) frequently, among a myriad of other symptoms. It also causes Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), a type of dysautonomia, which means I pass out and get lightheaded really easily, as well as having chest pain, poor circulation, digestive complications, etc. Neither condition is life-threatening, but they are completely life-altering. I use various mobility aids and am mostly housebound. Anyway, I just wanted to explain why I haven't been blogging the past couple years and how managing normal daily activities is difficult for me, but I am going to try my best to keep up with the blog from now on. I'm sorry again for the long interval between posts. On to the blog changes...

I decided as I'm basically re-launching Disney-It-Yourself, I wanted to change the look and format some. To start with, I've brightened things up a bit from the soft blue hue I had before. I picked a more fun color scheme that is inspired by Minnie Mouse in her classic blue polka dot skirt, yellow high heels, and red daisy hat. I changed the banner to include the Disneyland typeface instead of the Disney signature font, and changed the main font to a cleaner, slightly art-deco-looking typeface in place of the handwritten style I had before. I hope you like the new look! I'm going to be reorganizing things a bit, as well. The category tabs at the top of the page are probably going to change, and the sidebar navigation links (Subscribeable, Searchable, Etc.) might get a makeover, too. I'm also starting an instagram for Disney-It-Yourself; I'll keep you posted on when that's up and running. Check back in the next several days to see all the changes roll out, and, of course, come back to see the new DIY tutorials, too!

T.T.F.N. (Ta-Ta For Now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment